Sleepeezee boosts sustainability credentials

Sleepeezee boosts sustainability credentials

[Credit: Moritz Kindler on Unsplash]

UK: Bed manufacturer Sleepeezee will install 665 energy saving solar panels across its entire facility in Kent.

The panels will help to generate power for 25 per cent of the plant’s energy. The remaining 75 per cent will be purchased through renewable electricity.

It will help contribute more than 46K KG CO2 reduction per year and create carbon savings equating to almost six million miles driven by car, five million miles flown by plane, and the planting of over 30 thousands trees.

To help carry out the project, Sleepeezee partnered with energy supplier BeBa Energy UK.

Steve Warren, managing director at Sleepeezee, said: “This is an important step for the company, as it is helping us to further reduce the carbon footprint of our manufacturing operations. Renewable energy is a crucial component in the UK’s plans to be a carbon-neutral economy by 2050, and the manufacturing industry has an important role to play in helping the Government to achieve this. At a £180,000 investment in total for Sleepeezee, we are fully committed to driving the business forward in more considered and sustainable practices.”

BeBa director, Shaun Beattie, said: It is an honour to work alongside Sleepeezee on this exciting project. Climate change is a threat to us all and therefore the responsibility of everyone including businesses and individuals, to play their part in reducing carbon emissions.

“By choosing to power a significant portion of their operations via solar panels, not only will Sleepeezee take control of a proportion of their energy costs they will make a considerable dent in their carbon footprint,” Beattie added.

Be in the know.

Subscribe to our newsletter »