AUS: Crystalbrook Collection, a sustainable and independent hotel group in Australia, has launched its Mindfully Safe programme in response to COVID-19.
The programme will launch 1 July 2020, and focuses on reducing travel anxiety as well as incorporating heightened hygiene measures.
The group has teamed up with The Indigo Project, a psychology based practice in Sydney, to offer a series of Spotify playlists and meditations. These can be accessed on in-room iPads at each of Crystalbrook’s six hotels across Australia.
The company has also partnered with Beyond Blue, a mental health support organisation, to donate $5 from every direct booking made until the end of 2020 to the charity’s free counselling service.
Other changes made by Crystalbrook include adopting a cashless system across all its hotels, resorts, restaurants, bars and spas.
Contactless and paperless check-in and check-out will be offered, along with complimentary face masks to all guests and staff.
In partnership with Diversey, a hygiene technology provider; True Blue, a manufacturer of cleaning solutions; and Ecolab, a water, hygiene and infection specialist, Crystalbrook has developed a cleaning programme for all high-touch areas within its properties.
The Crystalbrook portfolio includes:
- Riley, a Crystalbrook Collection Resort, Cairns, Queensland
- Little Albion, a Crystalbrook Collection Boutique Hotel, Sydney, New South Wales
- Byron at Byron, a Crystalbrook Collection Resort, Byron Bay, New South Wales
- Bailey, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel, Cairns, Queensland
- Flynn, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel, Cairns, Queensland – opening October 2020
- Kingsley, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel, Newcastle, New South Wales – opening Q1 2021
Since the outbreak of the coronavirus, people seeking mental health support has increased by 40 per cent. To read more about what hospitality is doing to address this, read our feature Service with no smile: Hospitality’s strained mental health here.