Worldwide: The latest venture from Preferred Hotel Group is Beyond Green, a new hospitality brand with a debut portfolio of 24 founding member hotels.
The brand is a collaboration between the Ueberroth family, the owners of Preferred Hotel Group, and ecotourism pioneer Costas Christ, the founder of Beyond Green Travel. Earlier this year, Preferred acquired Beyond Green Travel which marked the first purchase by Preferred since 2004.
Beyond Green’s collection will bring together properties around the world that are committed to delivering on three key pillars of sustainable tourism: environmentally friendly practices, protection of natural and cultural heritage, and contributing to the social and economic wellbeing of local communities.
To be considered for Beyond Green membership, a property must demonstrate leadership in these three areas as part of a vetting process, and show progress in meeting more than 50 sustainability indicators that align with global sustainable tourism standards and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Lindsey Ueberroth, CEO of Preferred Hotel Group, said: “Never before has there been a greater need to promote a kinder and gentler way to explore our beautiful, yet fragile planet. Driven by our brand promise, Believe in Travel, which guides every decision we make as a company, we believe that now is the time to go big and be bold as we look to the future of travel. We are humbled by the opportunity to partner with so many inspiring leaders in sustainable tourism to launch our newest brand, Beyond Green, that was built with purpose, gratitude, and respect for nature, communities, and culture.”
Christ added: “While there may be a tendency to think of sustainability as just the latest travel buzzword, its roots are long and deep. What we are witnessing is an evolution of travel, not a passing trend. Beyond Green is about reconnecting with our common humanity and understanding that the diversity of our cultures and different ways of life are what create the rich fabric that makes travel so enjoyable and fascinating. In that same context, nature brings inspiration and renewal to our lives. Sustainable tourism is not about giving something up, it is about gaining something more – a great vacation that it is also a force for good.”
The Beyond Green platform will support the needs of its members by providing global connectivity, distribution technology, marketing, sales, quality assurance, branding, and sustainability solutions, as well as access to participate in I Prefer Hotel Rewards.
Its 24 founding members, located across 15 countries, include:
• &Beyond Bateleur Camp (Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya)
• &Beyond Beyond Mnemba Island (Zanzibar, Tanzania)
• &Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge (Namib Desert, Namibia)
• Aristi Mountain Resort (Zagori, Greece)
• Ashford Castle (Co. Mayo, Ireland)
• Bentwood Inn (Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA)
• Blancaneaux Lodge (Mountain Pine Ridge, Belize)
• Borgo Pignano (Tuscany, Italy)
• Bushmans Kloof (Western Cape, South Africa)
• Cavallo Point (Sausalito, California, USA)
• InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa (Bora Bora, French Polynesia)
• Islas Secas (Gulf of Chiriquí, Panama)
• Post Ranch Inn (Big Sur, California, USA)
• Ted Turner Reserves Vermejo (Raton, New Mexico, USA)
• The Brando (Tetiaroa, French Polynesia)
• The Ranch at Laguna Beach (Laguna Beach, California, USA)
• Three Camel Lodge (Gobi, Mongolia)
• Turtle Inn (Placencia, Belize)
• Wilderness Safaris Bisate Lodge (Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda)
• Wilderness Safaris DumaTau Camp (Linyanti Wildlife Reserve, Botswana)
• Wilderness Safaris Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp (Kaokoveld, Namibia)
• Wilderness Safaris Linkwasha Camp (Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe)
• Wilderness Safaris Mombo Camp (Okavango Delta, Botswana)
• Xigera Safari Lodge (Okavango Delta, Botswana)