Worldwide: Preferred Hotels & Resorts has announced 15 openings within its global portfolio throughout next year, with 11 based in the Americas and four located across Europe.
Highlights of the openings include:
• Casa di Langa (Piedmont, Italy) – launching Spring 2021
Casa di Langa is a sustainable luxury retreat located next to the vineyard landscapes of Le Langhe, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The 39-room hotel has as a commitment to carbon neutrality and the use of 100 per cent recycled water for irrigation. Guests can enjoy farm-to-table cuisine at the signature Fàula Ristorante, and take advantage of a wide range of immersive experiences including cooking classes, workshops at the on-property wine academy, truffle hunting, and art tours.
• The Londoner (London, United Kingdom) – launching April 2021
Situated on Leicester Square, The Londoner has been dubbed the world’s first “super boutique hotel.” Offering six subterranean levels, the hotel extends 350 guestrooms, including 35 suites and a tower penthouse, all complete with curated fine artworks. Other highlights include six restaurants and lounges, rooftop bar with a fire pit, underground spa and swimming pool and a two-screen cinema. The hotel will be employing pioneering methods of sustainable luxury.
• The Wall Street Hotel (New York, United States) – launching Spring 2021
Located along lower Manhattan’s Wall Street and housed in the historic Tontine Building, The Wall Street Hotel features 180-rooms and suites. Amenities include the JF Restaurant, led by Michelin-starred chef John Fraser, an all-day lounge and a bar, a ballroom, a top floor bar with an outdoor terrace, a spa, and complimentary use of electric scooters and Vélosophy bikes.
• Pendry Chicago (Illinois, United States) – launching Spring 2021
Part of the sister brand to Montage Hotels & Resorts and one of four new Pendry properties joining the Preferred portfolio in 2021, Pendry Chicago has 364 guest rooms and suites and a signature restaurant and bar overseen by Andy Masi. Additional features include a lobby bar and lounge, rooftop pool deck, 12,000 square feet of meetings and event space, fitness and wellness programming, and an extensive art collection.
Commenting on the openings, Preferred’s CEO Lindsey Ueberroth said: “The innate human desire to connect, share experiences, and travel will be stronger than ever in the new year, and we are thrilled to announce these new openings that serve as beacons of hope and inspiration for hoteliers and travelers alike. The resilience of all hotels globally this past year has been truly remarkable, and we are invigorated by the promise of these new openings that signal a new year of new beginnings for the travel industry and encourage everyone to continue to believe in travel.”
Other 2021 openings include:
• Pendry West Hollywood (California, United States) – launching January 2021
• Palacio Provincial (Old San Juan, Puerto Rico) – launching January 2021
• Hotel Effie Sandestin (Miramar Beach, Florida, United States) – launching February 2021
• Esmé Miami Beach Hotel (Florida, United States) – launching March 2021
• Amrit Ocean Resort & Spa (Singer Island, Florida, United States) – launching April 2021
• Liberty Trust Hotel (Roanoke, Virginia, United States) – launching Fall 2021
• Pendry Manhattan West (New York, United States) – launching Summer 2021
• Montage Big Sky (Montana, United States) – launching Winter 2021
• Pendry Park City (Utah, United States) – launching Winter 2021
• The Sense Experience Resort (Tuscany, Italy) – launching March 2021
• Villa Dagmar (Stockholm, Sweden) – launching Spring 2021