UK: Cumbria-based hotel Another Place is partnering with The Machrie, a hotel located on Islay off the west coast of Scotland, to launch a summer pop-up.
For the month of August only, Another Place will launch a three-night, four-day stay at The Machrie hotel – which sits above a seven-mile beach on the island of Islay.
Another Place has co-curated an itinerary with The Machrie to offer guests a travel package, which includes:
• Three nights’ bed and breakfast
• Two nights’ dinner – three courses in 18 Restaurant & Bar
• Fatbike hire for two (three hours)
• Half-day Islay Sea Adventures wildlife boat trip for two
• Sunset cocktail on the dune deck with a beach firepit
• Airport and ferry port transfers
• Another Place concierge service, to help plan and book additional island activities
Alternatively, guests can book a five-night, two-location holiday which includes all of the above, plus two nights at Another Place, The Lake in Cumbria en route.
Other experiences that Islay offers includes distillery visits and whiskey tastings, wild swimming, golfing, spa visits, tuk tuk tours, and more.
“The Machrie’s gloriously wild location, with so many ways to be active on both land and sea, really struck a chord the moment I first set foot there,” said Will Ashworth, Another Place founder and executive director. “We’re excited to introduce our community to this stunning place that very few people have experienced – in the comfort and style they’d expect – and feel the Another Place brand evolve in a new way, beyond our first hotel.”