Hawaii: Sensei Lāna‘i, a Four Seasons resort, has unveiled its Optimal Wellbeing Program in partnership with WHOOP, a physiological performance data company.
The five-night minimum program integrates intention, health metrics, lifestyle, and long-term wellbeing through a series of practices supported by technology, with private sessions led by Sensei Guides.
Guests are given the WHOOP Strap 3.0 wearable device that tracks key metrics such as heart rate variability, resting heart rate, respiratory rate, and sleep staging.
Every data point is evaluated in relation to the individual’s circumstances, with the Sensei Portal examining how these different elements combine to influence lifestyle. The portal stores biometric information, assessments, WHOOP data and Sensei Guide insights.
“Sensei is committed to helping people live longer, healthier lives through preventative care and healthy lifestyle practices, and the Optimal Wellbeing Program is the next evolution of that purpose,” said Kevin Kelly, CEO of Sensei. “Beyond administering health and wellness principles that are rooted in scientific findings, Sensei’s value is the understanding of the data points and knowledgeable interpretation for each guest’s unique needs and goals.”
The Optimal Wellbeing Program includes:
• Pre-arrival questionnaire to establish program preferences
• Pre-arrival call orientation and itinerary builder
• Exclusive Sensei x WHOOP Strap 3.0 (includes one-year subscription)
• Access to the Sensei Portal, a digital communications tool to track personal data points throughout one’s stay and post-visit
• Three private Sensei Guide sessions for detailed analysis and collaborative goal setting
• 10 move-nourish-rest assessments (which form the three pillars of the Sensei Way), including body composition, grip strength, functional movement and oxygen intake
• Three private optimisation sessions on movement, nutrition, and mindfulness
• One 120-minute thermal body mapping experience or featured massage of choice in a private spa hale
• One blood biomarker diagnostic administered by MODO MD (Maui Mobile Doctor). The findings are used to identify area of opportunity during the nutrition session with a Sensei Guide
• $500 credit towards the Experience Menu, a collection of more than 60 different activities and services including the spa, Lāna’i Adventure Park, island exploration and more
• Unlimited classes from the activity calendar
• A personalised Guide to Growth report upon departure to help power actionable steps upon returning home
• Luxurious Four Seasons room and semi-private air travel from Oahu
Further information about the program can be found here.