UK: International Hospitality Media (IHM), the publisher of BHN, has announced the launch of a webinar series in the run up to the URBAN LIVING FESTIVAL 2020: stay-live-work
The fortnightly series of Urban Living webinars is designed to encourage participants to think differently and look to the future with thought-provoking discussions, debates, live Q&As with industry leaders and innovators as we begin to emerge into the future normal.
Hosted by IHM editor-in-chief George Sell, the Urban Living webinar series promises to offer a glimpse of what hospitality and real estate professionals can expect on the run up to URBAN LIVING FESTIVAL 2020: stay-live-work, which is taking place on November 25 – 26 2020 at Tobacco Dock, London.
The Urban Living series will cover the following themes:-
• Wednesday May 20: Architecture and design – how will hospitality and real estate asset classes which are centred around communal spaces and activities – such as coliving, coworking, hotels, hostels, student housing and aparthotels – address changing attitudes to social distancing when designing and operating new projects?
Digby Summerhill, Director, Minotti London
Paul Wells, Partner, Dexter Moren Associates
• Wednesday June 3: The future of work: offices, coworking and business travel – what happens when we return to the workplace? how will landlords and operators innovate to ensure people feel safe, healthy, and valued in their workplace. what is the role of proptech? what will be the implications for co-working and business travel in the future?
Giles Fuchs, CEO and Founder, Office Space In Town
Carol Neil, Head of Corporate Travel, EMEA, Nomura International (tbc)
Jack Sibley, Innovation and Technology Strategies, Nuveen Real Estate
Sean Worker, Managing Director and Principal, T5 Strategies
• Wednesday June 17: Investor sentiment: hotels, serviced apartments, student housing, coliving, short term rentals
Lissa Engle, Founder and Managing Director, Berkeley Capital Group
Mai Lan Marcilly, Director, Real Estate Private Equity, KKR
• BONUS WEEK: Wednesday June 24: ‘Workspitality’ – how work is converging with the new-age of hospitality.
Stéphane Bensimon, Président – CEO chez WOJO; Work, Share, Live
• Wednesday July 1st: Funding and investment
MariaPia Intini, Development and Investment Director Europe, citizenM Hotels
Andrew Harrington, Owner, AHV Associates LLP – Corporate Finance Advisory
• BONUS WEEK: Wednesday July 8th: Co-living: fad or phenomenon in the future normal?
• Wednesday July 15th: Sustainability in development and operations
• BONUS WEEK: Wednesday July 22nd: Student Housing / Build-to-Rent: Developers Changing the Game with Technology
Fred Lerche-Lerchenborg, CEO, Lavanda
• Wednesday July 29th: Distribution disruption: will the OTAs bounce back?
Ryan Haynes, Director, Haynes MarComs
Michael McCartan, Principal, mccartan.tech
Frank Reeves, Co-founder and CEO, Avvio.com (tbc)
• Wednesday August 12th: Money v meaning (social purpose)
• Wednesday August 26th: Placemaking and working with the community
Peter Heule, CEO, Short Stay Group and Yays
Michael Goldin, Director, NoiseAware
• Wednesday September 2nd: Flex rentals
• Wednesday September 9th: Office of tomorrow v office of yesterday
• Wednesday September 16th: Branded Residences
• Wednesday September 23rd: Hostels
• Wednesday September 30th: Proptech
• Wednesday October 7th: The subscription economy
• Wednesday October 14th: Blended living and inter-generational communities
• Wednesday October 21st: The hospitality transaction market
If you are interested in being a guest speaker in any of the webinars, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org