UK: The shortlists for The Independent Hotelier award and The GM of the Future award has been revealed, with the winners set to be announced 4 October 2022 at the IHS.
The Independent Hotelier award, which recognises a hotelier with a “reputation for pushing boundaries and creating exceptional guest experiences”, will be decided via a combination of public and judge recommendation.
Hoteliers shortlisted for this award include:
- Charlie Luxton and Dan Brod, co-owners, The Beckford Group
- Harry Cragoe, owner, The Gallivant
- Helen Heraty, proprietor, Grays Court Hotel and The Bow Room Restaurant
- Janine Marshall, general manager, One Aldwych
- Patrick Burke, managing director, The Atlantic Hotel
- Stuart Procter, chief operating officer, The Stafford Collection
Online voting is now open here.
The GM of the Future award, in partnership with The Master Innholders, recognises a “rising star in the hotel industry who consistently goes the extra mile and has a commitment to inspiring others”. The winner of this award is decided by judges vote only.
Shortlisted hoteliers include:
- Beth Bryant, hotel manager, The Ickworth Hotel
- Oliver Harris, operations manager, Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa
- Rachel Stevens, rooms division manager, Pennyhill Park
- Jill van Rest, operations manager, Strand Palace
- Alexander Wilson, front office manager, The Goring
- Karen Weisheit, hotel manager, Grove of Narberth
The winners of both award categories will be announced at 5pm on Tuesday 4 October 2022 at Olympia London, the first day of the IHS. Attendance can be registered here with key highlights of the seminar programme found here.