UK: The Hotel Marketing Association (HMA) has appointed Petra Clayton as its chair, succeeding Ed Purnell and Julian Ebbutt.
Clayton, CEO and founder of hospitality marketing agency Custard Communications, was formally appointed on 1 June 2020.
Clayton said: “This has to be one of the most intense and pivotal years for hotel marketing, and I’m acutely aware of the role the HMA must play to bring our marketing professionals and specialists together. There has never been a more critical time to push insight and knowledge out to our members and to bring marketers from across the regions and of every size of property together to share their experiences and their challenges.”
She added: “My focus for the year ahead will be to grow membership and drive debate and solutions for the hotel industry. We want to reach out to every single hotel marketing professional, whether they are in an hotel operation or a consultancy, to ensure the HMA combines expertise from across the industry.”
Purnell and Ebbutt will remain on the HMA committee.
Ebbutt said: “For the last two years, it has been a privilege to serve as co-chair of the HMA working closely with industry colleagues to educate, inspire, reward and entertain all hospitality marketers. I am confident that in Petra’s very capable hands the association will continue to develop and inspire the next generation of marketers, especially during this very challenging time for the Industry.”
The HMA is a professional body for hotel marketers and advocates for best marketing practice within the hospitality sector.
The committee comprises:
- President: Pamela Carvell, lifestyle consultant, Pampas.
- Chairman: Petra Clayton, founder & CEO, Custard Communications
- Vice chairman: Stephen Moran, director of marketing, InterContinental London Park Lane
- Past chairman: Julian Ebbutt, former MD, Best Loved Hotels
- Past chairman: Ed Purnell, director client services, Marriott Digital Services Europe
- Claire Bell, Global digital manager, Dorchester Collection
- Cassie Delaney-Brown, marketing director for the Stafford Collection
- Martin Evans, managing director, The Tourism Business
- Sunita Lamba, group PR and media manager, Edwardian Hotels
- Steve Lowy, CEO, Anglo Educational and The Residence Apartments
- Andrea McKay, founder Amano Marketing and Coaching Confidential
- Kasia Rudnik, CHDM director of eCommerce, The Langham London