US: The 111-room boutique hotel, The Darwin, has opened in Atlanta’s Old Fourth Ward neighbourhood.
Housed in the former Stratford Inn, architect and interior designer C + TC Design Studio led the transformation of the property.
Of the 111 pet-friendly rooms, six themed suites have been specially designed for different purposes. These include:
• Bar Room – featuring a custom bar that comes with one deconstructed cocktail for guests to follow and make.
• Bunk Bed Room – for larger groups (family or friends) which comes with two double twin XL beds plus twin sized bunk beds.
• Audiophile Room – featuring a record player complete with a sound system, accompanied by a selection of vinyls.
• Y’allywood Room – designed for movie fans with flat screen TV, surround sound, popcorn machine and bean bags.
• Glam Night Out Room – ideal for groups such as stag/hen parties. The room is fitted with a wall of vanities for guests to get ready at the same time.
• Library Room – complete with a custom library and reading corner.
Additional themed suites will be designed based on the input and suggestions put forward by the local community and guests.
Other amenities at The Darwin Hotel include a marketplace selling local drinks, snacks, clothing and gifts, a coffee and juice bar, cocktail bar which also serves tapas, two electric bikes for rental, a gym room with a Peloton bike and Rogue fitness unit, as well as a meeting room with capacity for 10 people.
A digital nomad package will debut in 2023 which is set to include discounted room rates for family and friends, F&B offers, and priority booking for the meeting room.
General manager Alfonce McKinney said: “Our goal is to provide guests with a cozy, creative spot designed for those who want a functional place to stay with close proximity to really great local discoveries.”
The hotel is owned by Navin Patel and his two sons, Shyam and Sagar, who purchased the property in 2016. The family owns two other hotels in Albany, Georgia, alongside a staffing and recruitment company.