Mexico: The latest addition to One&Only’s collection of luxury resorts will feature 104 free-standing villas and treehouses, and 54 private homes along the Riviera Nayarit in Mexico.
The resort will offer a variety of dining and entertainment concepts, including:
- The Jetty Beach Club – located on the resort’s private beach, this venue will serve fresh catch of the day and evening cocktails, and will feature two infinity pools.
- The Jetty – extending over the sea, The Jetty features fire pits and serves drinks. It is also the point at which water activities are embarked.
- Alma – situated on the hillside, Alma offers poolside lounging and terraces lined with cabanas and daybeds.
- The Treetop – the resort’s main bar overlooking the ocean.
- Carao – an adult-only venue which features an infinity pool that extends over the mountainside, whereby a soon-to-be announced celebrity chef will serve Mexican cuisine.
The resort also offers conference facilities, which comprises the 2,750 square-foot indoor ballroom, Salón Papelillo, an adjacent al fresco courtyard, and the Parota Boardroom with an outdoor terrace.
The One&Only Spa includes six treatment rooms, a mud bath, a natural spring, cold plunge pools, and a steam room and sauna.
In addition, the resort will have a fully equipped fitness studio and outdoor yoga palapa, as well as an outdoor gym carved from the surrounding landscape.
Scheduled to open in late 2020, the Mandarina Polo & Equestrian Club is set to host a number of international events throughout the year, and will offer horseback riding tours, lessons, and children’s activities.
Experiences and activities available at the resort include kayaking, standup paddle boarding, surfing, sailing, yacht excursions, deep sea fishing expeditions, and whale-watching. Adjacent to the resort, guests can also explore miles of nature trails at The Flatlands and surrounding rainforest, mountain biking trails, and ATV off-roading through volcanic shelves.
Serge Ditesheim, general manager, said: “I am thrilled to be leading the One&Only Mandarina team, One&Only’s second resort in Mexico. The resort will offer our guests the perfect combination of tropical beach living amongst a beautiful lush wilderness. The location is truly exceptional and our guests will experience the ultimate in culinary, adventure and nature.”
Kerzner International, a developer and operator of destination resorts, hotels, residences, and entertainment experiences, manages the One&Only brand.
Philippe Zuber, chief operating officer at Kerzner International, said: “Mandarina allows us to bring One&Only’s signature experiences to this unrivalled destination in Mexico. This brand-defining resort will be the latest addition to One&Only’s global portfolio and will showcase our commitment to the destination and creating truly memorable moments.”