US: Marriott International has announced an expansion of its all-inclusive portfolio through a partnership with Sunwing Travel Group’s hotel division, Blue Diamond Resorts.
On Tuesday, Marriott International and Sunwing Travel Group’s hotel division, Blue Diamond Resorts, have agreed to a long-term partnership in which 19 franchised resorts—totalling 7,000 rooms across six destinations—will be converted into Marriott’s Autograph Collection by mid-2021.
Marriott International launched its multi-brand, all-inclusive portfolio platform in August 2019 and has nine open hotels across Costa Rica, Barbados and Mexico, with five upcoming hotels located in Mexico, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Brazil.
With the Sunwing agreement, another 19 will join the Marriott’s portfolio, making it a top 10 player in the all-inclusive space.
The following Blue Diamond Resorts will convert to the Autograph Collection:
- 840-room Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
- 343-room Hideaway at Royalton Riviera Cancun
- 566-room Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun
- 332-room Planet Hollywood Adults Scene Cancun
- 457-room Royalton CHIC Suites Cancun Resort & Spa
- 730-room Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa
- 320-room Royalton CHIC Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- 525-room Royalton Splash Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- 317-room Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino
- 168-room Hideaway at Royalton Punta Cana
- 352-room Royalton White Sands Montego Bay
- 228-room Royalton Blue Waters Montego Bay
- 140-room Hideaway at Royalton Negril
- 407-room Royalton Negril Resort & Spa
- 290-room Royalton Saint Lucia Resort & Spa
- 166-room Hideaway at Royalton Saint Lucia Antigua
- 294-room Royalton Antigua Resort & Spa Costa Rica
- 294-room Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica
Tony Capuano, group president, global development, design and operations services of Marriott International, said: “We are thrilled to work with Sunwing Travel Group and expand into two new leisure destinations – St. Lucia and Antigua.
“Blue Diamond’s expertise in the all-inclusive segment and high-quality resorts will help ensure that these properties serve as excellent additions to the Marriott portfolio.
“Today’s signing is a testament to Marriott International’s scale and loyalty platform, and we look forward to providing travellers seeking an all-inclusive experience with more choices in the Caribbean and Latin America.”
Stephen Hunter, chief executive at Sunwing Travel Group, said: “Marriott’s prestigious reputation and esteemed travel programme will further elevate our award-winning hotels, while supporting Marriott’s expansion into the all-inclusive category.”