US: OYO Hotels has developed its ‘Scrubbed Clean’ programme in compliance with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to ensure a healthy and safe environment for guests and staff.
The programme is focused on enhanced cleaning practices, safe social interactions within the workplace, and guest transparency.
‘Scrubbed Clean’ is aligned with the American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA) Safe Stay guidelines, and has been developed in conjunction with the Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA).
Cleaning procedures include:
- Common areas (registration desk, lobby, elevators, meeting facilities, dining rooms) will be cleaned at least four times a day.
- Hotel operators will provide PPE (face masks and gloves at a minimum) for all onsite hotel employees.
- Housekeeping staff will wear PPE while cleaning rooms.
- Housekeeping services/room cleaning will be performed only at checkout, or on-demand when the guests are not in the room.
- Hotels will use EPA approved disinfectants for cleaning rooms and common areas.
- For the same guest staying in the room, linen will be changed at guest’s request only.
- Linens will be put in special, marked laundry bags in rooms and handled carefully to prevent spreading dust.
- Markers on the floor will ensure guests maintain a minimum of six foot distance from each other if a queue is anticipated (at check-in desk or vending machines).
- Hand sanitiser will be made available at all key entrances and exits for employees and guests.
- Everyday, hotel managers will ensure that employees are safe and healthy to perform duties without infecting others (acceptable ways include using thermometer guns or thermal temperature sensors, or daily self-declaration by employees).
Abhinav Sinha, global COO and operating partner, OYO USA, said: “As a leading hospitality chain, we at OYO are looking forward to welcoming many more of our guests back as travel restrictions are relaxed. The most important priority for our guests, partners and staff is to maintain health, safety, and well-being. Our ‘Scrubbed Clean’ program emphasises best practices for creating a COVID-19 safe environment and has been developed in line with the CDC and AHLA Safe Stay guidelines. We want to assure our guests of a clean and comfortable stay while simultaneously protecting the health of our hotel partners and their staff, who are serving the guests day in and day out. We would like to thank our partners who have joined forces with us to boost this initiative across properties.”
OYO has also set up a COVID-19 War Room to monitor demand. The company is working with the Department of Homeland Security, National Guard, Red Cross, Army Corps of Engineers, Department of Health and Human Services, and mayors and governors from across the country to meet accommodation needs.